Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sidetracked

Hey all, about that time!

And while we're on the subject, ever wonder where it goes?  And why it gets that much faster the older we get?

And how does everything we want to do get postponed indefinitely because of all the mundane crap that gets in the way?

Trust me, I'm no stranger to that mess.  And once I made the costly error of admitting my lack of time to a critic, I had to listen to him lecturing me about it for an hour, no joke.  Yeahhhh, your friend was not happy about that one, but that's another story.

How do deal?

(1).  Perform An Audit.
No appointment needed for this one.  Just map out the following:
  (A). What MUST be done RIGHT NOW.
  (B).  What MUST be done before you go to sleep tonight.
  (C).  What CAN be done today, but can wait.
  (D).  What CANNOT be done today.  This means a physical impossibility, and not an unwillingness to deal with a pain in the ass.
(2).  Perform an Upgrade.
    As soon as you finish everything in Categories A and B, transfer everything in Category C into those categories.

The key is remaining pro-active, because when our to-do list is empty, we get lazy and indolent.  As beta males, this is our Achilles' heel.  If we are too passive, laid back, and disengaged, we abdicate our power to control our own lives.  We become tools and punching bags.  We become slaves to duty, never able to crawl out from under a mountain of procrastination.  We become crushed by stress and worry, never able to relax and enjoy life.

I don't know about you, but that feels like the opposite of advancement to me.  That feels like inviting the alpholes to have their way with you, because you're stuck and they're not.

Don't abdicate control.  Stay on top of it, whatever it is!  Make your own schedule, blaze your own trail, and NEVER let them trap you into being "too busy!"

I EXIST.  I MATTER.  I BELONG.  I DESERVE.

I AM BOLD.  I AM BULLETPROOF.  I AM BETA.

No comments:

Post a Comment