Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tougher To Be Barry.

Hey peeps, just one more for Sunday night.

Since I made myself crack up so much doing my Johnny Cash/Barry White voices, I thought I'd kind of add a riff on this topic.

Yes, I did mention that I expect to spend this Valentine's Day like Johnny Cash, and not like Barry White -- but what if I wanted a transfer?  An upgrade?  A change of plans?  Hmmmm . . . .

It seems to be a lot easier to handle it like Johnny.  Gloom and doom, cursing the earth, raging at the gods and mourning over one's lot in life is sinfully easy.  It requires no effort, and very little thought.  For all intents and purposes, it's based on reacting, and not acting.  It may have sold Cash some records, but it's an unpleasant and monotonous way to live.

But to handle it like Barry?  That takes guts.  Courage.  Gojones.

Anybody can bemoan lost love, but not everybody can go out and pluck new love right off the tree.  Anyone  can complain about what they don't have, but very few of us can go out and get what we don't have, so we have it.  Anyone can scowl, sneer, and sing the blues -- but it takes a damn good man to smile, shimmy, shake, and show off the "moves like Jagger" to look remotely inviting and attractive.  You don

So to all my Men In Black out there (no not Wil Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, that's different), see if you can make parole out of your own personal San Quentins, stop hiding them funny cigarettes in your guitar, and start gettin' your disco groooooove on, fo' sho'.

Me personally?  Anything can happen, but yours truly is actually getting optimistic about "love in the air."  I won't be crushed or defeated if I don't find it, but sometimes the L-D can send you something special from above.  Just wait for it, and rolllllll with it, behbeh.

I EXIST.  I MATTER.  I BELONG.  I DESERVE.

This post is dedicated to the memory of Johnny Cash and Barry White, and to the continued efforts of all my buds out there to find that sweet, special, sensuous honey.  

Peace . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment